Watermelon Almond Tart
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love pies and tarts but those bakery-style crusts love your waistline too much, we have the answer! Our light and flavorful Watermelon Almond Tart recipe is chock-full of a load of healthier ingredients. Indulge and enjoy.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (3- to 5-inch-thick) slice seedless watermelon (from a whole watermelon), rind removed
- 1 cup low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chocolate flavor syrup
What to Do
- In a nonstick skillet, toast almonds over medium heat until golden, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Remove to a heatproof tray or foil to cool.
- Cut watermelon slice into 6 to 8 pie-shaped wedges.
- Dip curved side of each slice in yogurt then almonds, reassembling the dipped pieces on a round serving platter. When finished, it will look like a pie crust of almonds around the watermelon slices.
- Frost top of the reassembed watermelon with remaining yogurt and decorate top with berries. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board