Zesty Ricotta Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One taste and you'll know why all of our Italian friends try to keep this recipe a secret!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch, 6 ounce) graham cracker pie crust
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped blanched almonds
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater, combine ricotta cheese, sugar, lemon zest, eggs, and vanilla. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake 7 minutes, reduce temperature to 300 degrees F. and bake for an additional 55 to 65 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool 15 to 20 minutes. Spread top with melted raspberry preserves and chopped almonds.
Where do you get lemon zest? Just rub the skin of a lemon over a grater and you've got fresh lemon zest!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.