Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a no-bake homemade dessert that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer weather months? Then try our Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Not only will this fresh-tasting dessert keep your kitchen cool, but it also starts with some supermarket-shortcuts that make it hassle-free and fun to eat!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound 4-ounce) package lemon sandwich cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
What to Do
- Line a 9-inch-square baking dish with enough aluminum foil to be able to grab edges. (This will help get the frozen ice cream sandwiches out so much easier, so don’t skip this step.)
- Crush cookies in a food processor. (You may need to do this in batches.) Place crushed cookies in a bowl and add melted butter; mix well. Press 1/2 the cookie mixture firmly into the bottom of the baking dish (not up the sides); set aside.
- In a large bowl, place ice cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix until just combined. Gently stir in blueberry preserves to create a swirling effect. Spread ice cream mixture over cookie mixture (the top should be flat), then press remaining cookie mixture gently on top of ice cream. Cover and freeze at least 6 hours or until firm.
- Lift the entire dessert out of the baking dish by lifting the foil. You may have to wait a few minutes for the ice cream to slightly soften around the edges. Remove the foil and cut into 9 sandwich squares. Serve immediately or wrap each ice cream sandwich in plastic wrap and keep frozen so that you can grab one when you get the hankerin’ for something that’s summery fresh.
Test Kitchen Tips
- For more no-bake treats to keep your kitchen cool, try our 5-star Chocolate Sin recipe. Like its name, it's absolutely sinful! For something totally berry-licious, try our Mixed Berry Ice Cream Crepes!
- Another way to keep your kitchen cool in the warmer weather months is to whip out your slow cooker! It's perfect for meals like our Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast and, for an Italian favorite, try our Slow Cooker Baked Ziti!
- OMG! We love no-bake recipes! What do you think? Tell us in the comments below!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 225
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 54 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 55mg 18 %
- Sodium 141mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.