Monstrous Milkshake Madness
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 (or 1 crazy ice cream lover)
- 10 Min
We couldn’t think of a better recipe to share with you right now than this. With the temperature on the rise, this has everything you need to stay cool, while being super cool. Plus, since it’s a monstrous mash-up of lots of cool stuff that we can find in the freezer aisle, we can be in and out of the market in no time. We’d love you to share pictures of your milkshake creations with us, so snap away.
What You'll Need
- 8 (8-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 single-serve slices frozen Turtle Cream Pie
- 2 slices frozen chocolate or yellow layer cake (see Tip)
- 16 frozen Belgian mini cream puffs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate frosting
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
- Hot fudge sauce for drizzling, divided
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream (or your favorite flavor)
- 3/4 cup milk
What to Do
- Before we start making the milkshake, let’s get the monstrously outrageous topping for these ready. To do so, insert a skewer into the back end of each slice of frozen pie and the slices of cake. (The skewers help keep the pie, cake, and cream puffs from sinking in our milkshake.) Place 4 frozen cream puffs on each skewer (4 total). Place on a plate and keep frozen until you’re ready to top our milkshake.
- To garnish the glasses, spread frosting around 1-inch of each rim and decorate with sprinkles. Drizzle inside of glasses with hot fudge, as shown and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a blender, combine ice cream and milk. Blend 1 minute or until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses. Garnish each milkshake with a skewer of pie, cake, and 2 skewers of the cream puffs, as shown. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Mr.Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- This is one of those recipes where you can let your creativity go wild. Want to change up the type of pie, go ahead. And for the cake, you’ll find an assortment of varieties to choose from right in your freezer. And since there will be extra cake left over, you can nibble on that when you get those midnight cravings and your milkshake is nothing but a memory.
- For more amazing milkshake recipes, try our Diner-Style White Cow, or our Strawberry Patch Waffle Milkshake!
- Plus, if you're looking to feed a crowd, you'll love our Family-Style Ice Cream Trifle.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.