Stromboli in a Flash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've made this rolled sandwich a little fancy without a lot of work - that's why we call it Stromboli in a Flash.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil in small skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté onion 4 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- Unroll dough, and press into an 8- x 12-inch rectangle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread mustard over dough to within 1/2-inch of edges. Arrange cheese, onion, and ham lengthwise down center of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border at both ends. Sprinkle seasoning over ham.
- At 1-inch intervals on long sides of rectangle, cut slits from edge of filling to edge of dough. Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle across filling. Brush top of dough with egg. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until browned.
Cutting the pizza dough into strips on the edges and folding them over at an angle gives you a Stromboli with a little extra class. If you're in a hurry, just fold the sides over the filling without cutting the strips. You'll have a yummy meal in minutes any way you slice it!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 305
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 4.9g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 76mg 25 %
- Sodium 899mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5 %
- Sugars 5.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.
- Simple Sausage and Stuffing Meatballs
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- City Hot Dog Guide
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Oniony Polish Sausage
- All in One Kielbasa
- Zippy Microwave Meatloaf