Chilled Stacked Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a fresh and colorful way to stand out at the big summer potluck? Our Chilled Stacked Salad is an easy, make-ahead, layered salad that is perfect for fun-in-the-sun entertaining. The crisp ingredients and creamy textures layered on top of each other create a dance of flavor you'll want to be a part of. Basically, we know that once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl (see Note), layer half the lettuce, then half the bell pepper, onion, corn, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more, then top with bacon bits.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Toss just before serving.
- Since this salad is a real show stopper and looks so colorful, make sure you serve it in a glass bowl so you can show off all the colors.
- Refreshing salads are always welcome! Why not try our Best Ever Tuna Pasta Salad?
- Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 352
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 8.4g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 709mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 3.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!