We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get a jump start on your next get together with this refreshing make-ahead delight. Just toss the fix-ins together for our Freezer Slaw and freeze until ready to serve! It's really that easy and everyone will love it.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 (10-ounce) packages shredded angel hair cabbage slaw
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
What to Do
- Bring sugar and vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves; cool.
- Combine cabbage slaw and remaining 4 ingredients. Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture, tossing to coat. Place in a large heavy-duty zip top plastic bag or an airtight container, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator before serving.
- If you don't need to make this dish in advance, you can just cover and chill the slaw for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!