We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get a jump start on your next get together with this refreshing make-ahead delight. Just toss the fix-ins together for our Freezer Slaw and freeze until ready to serve! It's really that easy and everyone will love it.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 (10-ounce) packages shredded angel hair cabbage slaw
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
What to Do
- Bring sugar and vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves; cool.
- Combine cabbage slaw and remaining 4 ingredients. Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture, tossing to coat. Place in a large heavy-duty zip top plastic bag or an airtight container, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator before serving.
- If you don't need to make this dish in advance, you can just cover and chill the slaw for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't have to warm up your kitchen to cook this hot and hearty meal! Our BBQ Pork Chops and Potatoes are made in your slow cooker, which makes this a great summertime recipe. This dish features juicy pork chops and plenty of potatoes cooked in your favorite barbecue sauce. It's a win no matter how you look at it!