Homestyle Beet Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
This simple and tasty Homestyle Beet Salad is all about...you guessed it, beets! If you're not sure how you feel about beets, then give this easy beet salad a try. We're sure it'll change your mind!
What You'll Need
- 3 whole fresh beets, stems removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- Place beets in a medium saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and continue cooking 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Drain and let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove skin from beets, cut into quarters, then into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; pour over beets and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
When preparing beets, we recommend you wear disposable gloves so your hands don't get stained.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.