Lentil and Vegetable Medley
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
This vegetable side dish is a must-have, especially during the fall season. Our Lentil and Vegetable Medley features a delicious combo of roasted sweet potatoes, sliced Brussels sprouts, hearty lentils, and more. To make it even more flavorful we toss all of these tasty ingredients with some balsamic vinegar. You'll love this!
What You'll Need:
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss until evenly coated. Place on baking sheet and cook 20 minutes. Toss and continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes more or until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot; cook onion 5 minutes. Add lentils and water; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain water.
- In same saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Add brussels sprouts and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until sprouts begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, brussels sprouts, lentils, garlic powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the pepper, and balsamic vinegar; toss gently. Top with pepitas and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 240
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.4g 17 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 342mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.8g 35 %
- Sugars 7.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you grew up in an Italian household or had friends who did, then you're probably familiar with "meatball cookies." For those of you who aren't, a meatball cookie is just an Italian cookie that's shaped like a meatball. Our Chocolate Meatball Cookies are a great addition to any holiday cookie platter and can spark up some fun conversation!