Little Italy Antipasto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The best Italian chefs would be proud to serve up our hearty version of this fresh, traditional meal-starter...our Little Italy Antipasto.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced ham, tightly rolled or cut into ½-inch strips
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Genoa or other hard salami, folded in half or quartered
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained and cut into ½-inch strips
- 12 peperoncini
- 1 1/2 cups extra-large pitted black olives (about 20 olives), drained
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
What to Do
- Cover the bottom of a large platter with lettuce. Layer ham, salami, cheese, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, peperoncini, and olives over lettuce.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour half the dressing over the salad, and serve. Drizzle with remaining dressing as needed.
You may want to prepare individual plates of this antipasto and keep them chilled until guests arrive. Then just drizzle each salad with the extra dressing just before serving.