Mint Parsley Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The flavors of lemon and mint soar in this fresh Mediterranean parsley salad also known as tabbouleh. It was one of Mr. Food's all-time personal favorites!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-sized ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a small cucumber, finely chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh parsley (see Tip)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the bulgur wheat and water and allow to stand for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the water is completely absorbed.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mint, salt, and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss until blended. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
If chopping 2 cups of fresh parsley sounds overwhelming to you, don't let it keep you from making this. A good way to "chop" it without really chopping is to use kitchen shears to simply snip the parsley leaves off the stems into small pieces.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for family dinner recipes that will shake things up in the kitchen, our Country-Style Fish Grits is the perfect way to add some excitement to the menu! Everyone's mouth will water as they spoon up a hearty bowl of grits, topped with perfectly seasoned, flavor-packed fish!