Mint Parsley Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The flavors of lemon and mint soar in this fresh Mediterranean parsley salad also known as tabbouleh. It was one of Mr. Food's all-time personal favorites!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-sized ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a small cucumber, finely chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh parsley (see Tip)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the bulgur wheat and water and allow to stand for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the water is completely absorbed.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mint, salt, and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss until blended. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
If chopping 2 cups of fresh parsley sounds overwhelming to you, don't let it keep you from making this. A good way to "chop" it without really chopping is to use kitchen shears to simply snip the parsley leaves off the stems into small pieces.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!