Roast Beefy Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Attention all roast beef fans! We've got a simple salad recipe that you just can't miss! Our salad recipe for Roast Beefy Salad is surely a can't-miss kind of lunch 'cause it uses such a unique array of ingredients that'll make you feel like a true chef. If you're tired of always making a plain ol' Caesar salad all the time, then this roast beef salad recipe is a must try. From peanuts to jalapenos to mint leaves and more, you'll be amazed at how this array of ingredients can come together to form one tasty dish.
What You'll Need
- 2 onion slices, cut 1/4-inch thick
- 3 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 18 fresh mint leaves
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded (see note)
- 3 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (see note)
- 1 pound thinly sliced Italian-seasoned deli roast beef, cut into strips
- Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cocktail peanuts
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
What to Do
- Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor until blended.
- Arrange beef strips over lettuce, and sprinkle with peanuts and sliced green onions. Serve with dressing.
If you can't find fish sauce in the Asian section of your supermarket, substitute 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water. And, when seeding jalapenos, it's best to wear rubber gloves. The seeds and veins in the pepper are hot and can burn your hands- and your eyes, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't have to warm up your kitchen to cook this hot and hearty meal! Our BBQ Pork Chops and Potatoes are made in your slow cooker, which makes this a great summertime recipe. This dish features juicy pork chops and plenty of potatoes cooked in your favorite barbecue sauce. It's a win no matter how you look at it!