We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The ranch-flavored tortilla chips and sweet-and-spicy French dressing really add a whole other layer of flavor to this impressive Taco Salad. Set this beautiful salad out in a clear bowl, and watch as they rush to fill their plates up!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1-1/4-ounce) package dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 (2.25-ounce) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) bag ranch-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle sweet-and-spicy French salad dressing
What to Do
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef with the taco seasoning, cooking until meat is crumbled and no pink remains; drain and cool.
- In a trifle or large salad bowl, layer half the lettuce, half the cheese, the beans, ground beef, tomatoes, and olives. Repeat layers, then top with crushed tortilla chips.
- Before serving, add dressing and toss to coat well.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 713
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53g 82 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 18g 36 %
- Cholesterol 45mg 15 %
- Sodium 1,077mg 45 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.4g 22 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.