Tomato Bread Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh-from-the-garden Tomato Bread Salad, featuring vine-ripe ruby red tomatoes and oversized crispy toasted croutons, is like a trip to Tuscany for our taste buds! You'll all be shouting, "Molto Bene!"
What You'll Need:
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 3 1/2 cups toasted bread cubes or packaged croutons (see Tip)
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package mixed greens, optional
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and dressing; mix well and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except mixed greens; toss and serve as is or over mixed greens.
Making your own toasted bread cubes is a snap. Simply preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place bread cubes in a single layer in a baking dish and bake 15 minutes, or until golden, stirring twice. Allow to cool then use as directed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These peanut butter muffins are worth a presidential seal of approval - they're that good! Our Presiential Peanut Muffins are crazy-moist and are topped with a nutty streusel mixture that makes them addictively-good. You won't want to pass up on these!