Tomato Lover's Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be the top tomato at your house when you serve this ruby red tomato salad that's chock full of good-for-you lycopene in every bite. Our garden-fresh Tomato Lover's Salad is a dream come true.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Add the tomatoes and onion; toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serve individual portions of this salad on iceberg lettuce leaves. It not only adds color but it keeps the dressing from running into the other foods on the plate.