A Chicken in Every Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We can't resist recipes like this that cook up in one pot! Cleanup is a cinch, but the best part of the recipe is 'OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!'
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds assorted chicken pieces, skinned, if desired
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen English peas
What to Do
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika, salt, and black pepper. Heat oil in an ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken to Dutch oven; cook on all sides until browned. Remove chicken from Dutch oven, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add rice and garlic to Dutch oven. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, and green pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring once. Return chicken to Dutch oven.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes. Stir in peas; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 670
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 66g 132 %
- Cholesterol 167mg 56 %
- Sodium 1,668mg 70 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g 25 %
- Sugars 6.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!