French Country One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditional recipes for dishes like our French Country One Pot are easy but use lots of pots and pans. Well, from the ingredients here, you'll know you're in for a taste treat. And from the title, you'll know you're in for a cleanup treat, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, peeled, cut in half, and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 pound fresh Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound regular or reduced-fat fully-cooked smoked sausage, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (15-ounce) can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can regular or salt-free stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, optional
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
What to Do
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, just until onion is softened.
- Remove sausage from casing and add to saucepan. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add sliced smoked sausage and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Pour off drippings then stir in remaining ingredients, except parsley. Mix gently then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes then uncover and cook over medium-low heat 5 to 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Garnish with parsley or scallions, if desired, and serve.
- Get out the rice or noodles to serve with this, 'cause the sauce is the best part.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!