One Pot Mac and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's a lightning-quick stovetop version of mac and cheese, made with spaghetti; but you can use whatever noodle you'd like. So put some water to boil, because our One Pot Mac and Cheese is creamy, cheesy, and pretty perfect!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk
- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and set aside in colander.
- In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat then stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Add cheese, dry mustard, salt, and pepper and stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Add spaghetti and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through, stirring constantly. Serve immediately.
Get the veggie steamer going with broccoli or cauliflower florets and you'll be set for a complete meal!
Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
- If you liked this kid-friendly recipe, make sure to check out our collection of Top 10 Back-to-School Dinners for Kids.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!