One Pot Whatever
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With a name like this, you may be wondering what the mystery is. No mystery, just a hearty beefy one-skillet meal you can't go wrong serving anytime. Our One Pot Whatever may become your new go-to meal!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds beef (shoulder, round, or chuck steak) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans beef broth (or bouillon)
What to Do
- In a large skillet, brown beef in butter.
- Add onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper; reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add wine and broth; cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Serve over noodles, rice, or slices of garlic bread. You can substitute oil for the butter, bottle garlic for the fresh, or use a different wine.
- Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!
- For more one-pot delights, check out our collection page: Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.