Pasta and Sausage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We consider Pasta and Sausage the so-called "meat and potatoes" of an Italian kitchen. Lots of peppers, onions and zippy Italian sausage make this a hearty classic recipe that is perfectly at home on top of your favorite pasta.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound Italian-style sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound rotini, twist, or spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium heat until no pink remains in sausage, stirring to crumble the sausage. Reduce the heat to low and add tomatoes, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, and chili powder; simmer 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Place on a large serving platter.
- Pour sauce over pasta and top with mozzarella cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 488
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 4.1g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 48mg 16 %
- Sodium 1,056mg 44 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.0g 28 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!