Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This chunky blend of Italian sausage and veggies does doubly duty as a one-dish meal or as a sandwich filling spooned over French rolls. You're gonna love it 'cause it's easy and versatile!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-1/4-pound) package Italian sausage links
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium-size green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
What to Do
- Brown sausage in a large heavy skillet; add wine. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Uncover, bring to a boil, and reduce wine by two-thirds. Remove sausage, reserving drippings in skillet; set sausage aside, and keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, and mushrooms to skillet; sauté until tender. Return sausage to skillet; add tomato sauce. Simmer 10 minutes or to desired consistency.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.