We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that may have different combinations of meat, seafood, and vegetables? And it always has a flavored rice. With these combinations of goodies, we can always count on it!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-sized fresh shrimp (about 35 per pound)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green peas
What to Do
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté sausage 10 minutes. Remove sausage, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set aside.
- Add broth to drippings in skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, curry powder, and salt. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in sausage, shrimp, and pimiento; cook 10 to 12 more minutes or until shrimp and rice are done. Stir in peas; cover and cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
I like to use converted rice (the parboiled kind) in this recipe because it doesn't get gummy.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.