We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This "N'awlins" inspired hearty one pot recipe for Shrimp Gumbo takes advantage of all the down-in-the-Bayou seasonings and flavors. Turn it into a seafood style gumbo by simply alternating the shrimp for other seafood or fish.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen okra, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
What to Do
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper, and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, okra, and water and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink. Serve immediately.
Served over rice or with some crusty bread for dunking and you've got a complete meal. We've got a great recipe for Cheesy Herbed Onion Bread that will be a great go-along with this!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 257
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 9.9g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 13g 26 %
- Cholesterol 136mg 45 %
- Sodium 1,201mg 50 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.