Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! That's why this cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied. Oh, it's so comforting!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14-ounce) package kielbasa sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet that has been coated with cooking spray, saute kielbasa over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate.
- In same skillet, heat oil until hot; saute onion and bell pepper 5 minutes. Add cabbage and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sausage, broth, and remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Super Simple One-Pot Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 242
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 3.2g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 18g 37 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 1,309mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g 25 %
- Sugars 8.0g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you remember eating square pizza for lunch when you were back in school? We do! We're bringing back those memories one slice at a time with our recipe for School Lunch Square Pizza. Our version has a super crispy crust with lots of cheesy yumminess!