We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready to turn an affordable cut of meat into a melt-in-your-mouth dinner, without a lot of work? That's excatly what you're doing when you make our warm and comforting Stovetop Roast! You see, since the stove does all the work, you get to enjoy all the flavor without any of the hassle.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, not drained
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; brown roast 8 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper over roast, then add onions and tomatoes with liquid to pot.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until roast is tender. Slice roast across the grain and serve with pan juices.
Check This Out!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.