Tuscan Garden Lentils
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It doesn't get any easier than this. Lots of fresh veggies simmered with lentils and highlighted with Tasty Tuscan Green Kale. This one pot go-along is just as at-home next to pot roast, as it is fried chicken.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups green kale (we used Tasty Tuscany)
What to Do
- In a large soup pot heat oil over medium heat and cook carrots, celery and onion about 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except kale and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to low, cover and simmer 45 to 50 minutes, or until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in kale last 15 minutes of cooking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!