Crispy French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can't decide between cereal and french toast for breakfast? How about combining the two and making our recipe for Crispy French Toast? All you need is 10 minutes and some easy ingredients and you've got a breakfast that's worth every mouthful.
What You'll Need
- 4 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1-pound) loaf egg bread (challah), cut into 8 (1-inch) slices
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine crushed cereal, sugar, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In another shallow dish, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Dip one slice of bread in egg mixture, coating both sides, then place in cereal mixture, coating both sides. Repeat with remaining bread.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook bread slices 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter and cover to keep warm. Serve immediately with syrup or your favorite fresh fruit.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!