Dutch Apple Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Holland, these fluffy pancakes are often served with a variety of both savory and sweet fillings. Our wholesome Dutch Apple Pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch or a novel dessert.
What You'll Need
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced apples in water, drained
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix eggs, flour, and milk with an electric mixer; beat until smooth. Add the 2 tablespoons melted butter and the salt; beat well then pour mixture into prepared cake pans, distributing evenly.
Bake 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients, except confectioners' sugar, and heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until apples are heated through.
- Remove pancakes to a serving platter then spoon half the apple mixture over each pancake, dust generously with confectioners' sugar, and serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!