French Toast Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget having to make just a few pieces of French toast at a time. With French Toast Loaf, you just mix, bake and, when it comes out of the oven, all it needs is a drizzle of warmed syrup and everybody gets to eat together!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups bread cubes (see Tips)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- by 5- inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread cubes; mix well. Stir in bread cubes and allow to sit for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden. Remove loaf from pan, slice, and serve.
- You can make this with any type of leftover bread and, for a colorful loaf, you might even want to use a mixture of light and dark varieties. I like to top each slice with a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar and serve with maple syrup and cut fresh fruit.
- If you loved this baked French toast recipe, be sure to check out our super quick microwave version, French Toast in a Mug.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Love stuffed chicken breast recipes? So do we! It's a way to take that boring old chicken dinner and put a creative spin on it. Like our Cheesy Stuffed Herb Chicken! After butterflying the breasts, we stuff them full of cheese and spinach for a flavor-packed dinner the whole family will love!