French Toast in a Mug
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Breakfast on-the-go just got even better with our French Toast in a Mug recipe! In just about two minutes you can have a decadent breakfast that tastes like the perfect cross between french toast and rich bread pudding. Add a drizzle of syrup to take it over the top!
What You'll Need
- 2 slices bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Coat a 12-ounce microwaveable coffee mug with cooking spray. Place bread cubes in mug and press down lightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, egg, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes and let soak in for 1 minute.
- Microwave on high 1 minute, then add 10 seconds at a time till it's set.
- We used challah bread for this but feel free to use whatever bread you have on hand.
- Serve with maple syrup or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- There are lots of yummy dishes you can prepare with a mug and a microwave! Try our Chocolate Mug Brownie and our Mexican Coffee Cup Scramble for 2 delicious options!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!