Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll feel like you woke up in a charming country inn when you taste this stuffed French toast. It's so creamy smooth, it's like eating a warm dessert cheesecake!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 8 slices country white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; mix well then stir in preserves. Spread equally over 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, forming sandwiches.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, completely coating both sides. Cook 2 sandwiches at a time for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet and cook remaining 2 sandwiches. Slice each in half diagonally, and serve.
Make this look and taste extra-fancy by topping it with additional confectioners' sugar and maple syrup and/or fresh fruit.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 448
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 73 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 10g 20 %
- Cholesterol 158mg 53 %
- Sodium 463mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .