The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Strawberry French Toast Rollups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
What happens when we combine fresh Florida strawberries with easy-as-can-be French toast rollups? You end up with a breakfast treat that is 5-star worthy and will bring you endless compliments.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup finely diced fresh Florida strawberries
- 20 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Fresh Florida strawberries for garnish
- Maple syrup for drizzling (optional)
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Stir in diced strawberries; set aside.
- Roll out bread slices with a rolling pin. Spoon a dollop of strawberry-cheese mixture over each slice of bread and spread evenly. Roll up each slice jellyroll-style and place seam-side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a shallow dish, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Brush butter over all sides of rollup, then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, coating completely. Repeat with remaining rollups, returning then to baking sheet. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake rollups 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Serve topped with sliced strawberries and syrup, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip
Top these off with freshly sliced strawberries and they’re even better…really, they are!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs
The taste bud tingling flavor of horseradish adds a zesty flair to our Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs. This party-pleaser has the added flavor of smoky bacon bits sure to delight your hungry guests.