We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 5 cups sauce
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Bolognese Sauce is a classic meat sauce that comes from the same place that gave us that other classic: bologna sausage. (And that's no baloney!)
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
What to Do
- In a large pot, brown beef over medium-high heat. Drain off excess liquid and add the carrot, onion, and garlic. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, allowing flavors to "marry," stirring occasionally.
- Rigatoni Bolognese is an all-time favorite! Maybe it's the way the meat sauce gets trapped inside the rigatoni that makes it so good. Just mix this sauce with about 1-1/2 pounds cooked rigatoni for a meal that'll satisfy the heartiest of appetites.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!