Fresh Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add an extra-homemade touch to your favorite pasta dish with our recipe for Fresh Tomato Sauce. This basic tomato sauce recipe goes well with just about anything!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
What to Do
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and garlic just until garlic starts to brown. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper and continue cooking over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in basil just before serving.
Serve over your favorite pasta!
- For more heart-healthy information and tips on adding olive oil to your diet, visit www.aboutoliveoil.org.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.