Light Tomato Wine Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's the "great light way" to enjoy your favorite pasta!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes, seeded and cut up
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet, stirring to blend, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mixture is heated through (do not overcook).
Makes about 4 cups.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.