Lower-fat Alfredo Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't believe this is a lighter variation of the popular Alfredo sauce! Our homemade Alfredo sauce recipe is so simple to throw together when you're looking for a hearty meal to make on the fly. We've substituted some of the ingredients, so you'll get the same great taste as Grandma's Alfredo sauce recipe without all those unnecessary extra calories. That's the kind of thing everyone likes to hear, right? We thought so.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon buttery spread, like Smart Balance or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 6 wedges low-fat processed cheese, like Laughing Cow
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch garlic powder
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan or double boiler, combine all ingredients until everything is melted and the sauce is velvety smooth, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes enough for 1/2 pound of Fettuccine.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.