We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For true Italian taste excitement, this is a fresh basil sauce that's like eating right in the garden. It's so versatile ... Use as a salad dressing, over pasta, or even over boiled potatoes. However you use it, it's bound to get raves.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups fresh basil, lightly packed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, almonds, or walnuts, finely chopped
- Dash of ground nutmeg (optional)
What to Do
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to use.
- Mix well before serving; use hot or cold.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups (enough for 1 pound of pasta).
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.