We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Puttanesca is probably the most Italian of all sauces, since every ingredient is a Mediterranean native. (So is the taste!)
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (2-ounce) cans anchovies, packed in oil, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 2 (2 ¼-ounce) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 30 more minutes, allowing the flavors to "marry", stirring occasionally.
Makes about 7 cups.
- Since this recipe makes so much sauce, make sure to place any leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. It should last that way for up to a week, but for longer storage, freeze until ready to use.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.0g 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.0mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!