Quick Fresh Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A deliciously fresh-tasting cooked tomato sauce! Try serving it over spaghetti or linguine. This is the kind we find in the fancy Italian restaurant - as easy as it is, we can make it ourselves.
What You'll Need
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovies (undrained), chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 to 8 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced, or 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
What to Do
- In a saucepan or large skillet, sauté the garlic, celery, red pepper, and anchovies in the olive oil until just slightly soft. Add the tomatoes, then the basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, and green olives.
- Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Makes enough for 1 pound of pasta.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!