Quick Fresh Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A deliciously fresh-tasting cooked tomato sauce! Try serving it over spaghetti or linguine. This is the kind we find in the fancy Italian restaurant - as easy as it is, we can make it ourselves.
What You'll Need
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovies (undrained), chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 to 8 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced, or 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
What to Do
- In a saucepan or large skillet, sauté the garlic, celery, red pepper, and anchovies in the olive oil until just slightly soft. Add the tomatoes, then the basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, and green olives.
- Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Makes enough for 1 pound of pasta.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.