Zesty Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This really gets my mouth watering! And when I get the urge to have it, I can whip it up in no time, 'cause there's no cooking.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
What to Do
- Place the oil, garlic, salt, oregano, basil, sugar, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, and Parmesan cheese in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Pour the puree into a large bowl, then mix in the diced tomatoes and scallion.
- Serve at room temperature.
Makes about 4 cups.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!