Alfredo Pasta Twist
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We all love pasta, and when we come up with a new twist on an old favorite, who could ask for more?
What You'll Need
- 1 pound twist pasta
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (1-1/2 pints) heavy cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain; return it to pot.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add flour and stir constantly 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and lightly browned. Stir in cream and remove from heat.
- Add Italian cheese blend, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour over cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and then bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve immediately.
We like to add 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the cream mixture for some added flavor. (But we do that only when we're sure that everybody we're cooking for likes the flavor of nutmeg.)
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 883
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59g 91 %
- Saturated Fat 36g 179 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 18g 35 %
- Cholesterol 199mg 66 %
- Sodium 806mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 71g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g 13 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!