Award-Winning Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We "dressed-up" ordinary macaroni and cheese with a few extra-special ingredients to make for a crunchy, cheesy, creamy, Award-Winning Mac 'n' Cheese recipe. We're sure your gang will agree that this macaroni and cheese recipe deserves an award for "Best Dinner in a Tasty New Role."
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 6 ramekins or a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In the same pot over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add flour, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and paprika; mix well. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheeses and continue stirring until melted.
- Return macaroni to pot and stir until well combined. Spoon into ramekins.
- In a small bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave. Stir in crackers and mix until evenly coated. Sprinkle evenly over top of macaroni.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
Watching the Oscars with friends? Here are some tasty ideas for an Award-Winning Oscar Party Menu.