We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who doesn't love a hearty Italian casserole? Using only six ingredients, this is one dish that's going to leave you wanting more!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-heat until no pink remains; drain off excess liquid. Add onions, peppers, and salt; cook 6 to 8 minutes, until vegetables are fork-tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Add to spaghetti; toss until well mixed.
- Pour into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray; cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 to 8 minutes, until top is crisp.
- You can adjust the ingredients and the amounts to make a casserole with your leftover spaghetti. And it's great topped with 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese before baking to give it a different flavor and texture.
If you enjoyed this spaghetti dinner recipe, be sure to try Spaghetti Pie: Our Best Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 342
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 3.3g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 650mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!