Baked Spaghetti "Cake"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/8 wedge
- CHILL TIME
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
Imagine the surprise on everyone's faces when you tell them you're serving "cake" for dinner! Our Baked Spaghetti "Cake" is a tasty spaghetti dinner, that's baked in a springform pan (giving it its cake-like shape). It's loaded with lots of crumbled sausage, cheese, and fresh veggies. Not only is it a fun way to serve spaghetti to the family, but it's absolutely delicious too!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and green pepper 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and vegetables are soft; drain liquid.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1 cup spaghetti sauce; mix well. Add sausage mixture and spaghetti, and toss until evenly coated. Spoon evenly into pan and top with remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce.
- Bake 50 minutes, then spinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let sit 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
Serve this alongside our All Wrapped Up Garlic Bread to give your family even more to cheer about!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 334
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 7.7g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 18g 36 %
- Cholesterol 113mg 38 %
- Sodium 580mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 9 %
- Sugars 4.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!