Chili Mac and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili with beans
- 1 cup French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add 2 cups cheese and continue stirring until melted. Remove from heat and stir in macaroni. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Pour chili evenly over macaroni and cheese, and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle French-fried onions over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 884
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46g 71 %
- Saturated Fat 26g 131 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 33g 66 %
- Cholesterol 121mg 40 %
- Sodium 1,677mg 70 %
- Total Carbohydrates 86g 29 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.8g 35 %
- Sugars 8.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.