Chili Mac and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili with beans
- 1 cup French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add 2 cups cheese and continue stirring until melted. Remove from heat and stir in macaroni. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Pour chili evenly over macaroni and cheese, and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle French-fried onions over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 884
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46g 71 %
- Saturated Fat 26g 131 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 33g 66 %
- Cholesterol 121mg 40 %
- Sodium 1,677mg 70 %
- Total Carbohydrates 86g 29 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.8g 35 %
- Sugars 8.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!