We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pennsylvania Dutch cooking has its roots in Germany, where many hearty recipes, like these comforting and flavorful buttery egg noodles, get their traditional taste from!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package medium egg noodles (see Note)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and place in a large serving bowl; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add caraway seeds and saute 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour sauce over cooked noodles, and serve immediately.
We like to use medium egg noodles that have a fluffy, curled edge. It gives the dish an elegant look.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're new to the world of "melting potatoes," then you're in for a real treat! Melting potatoes are potatoes that are crispy on the outside and melty-delicious on the inside. We used sweet potatoes in this recipe to make a version that's perfect for Thanksgiving. Our Melting Sweet Potatoes feature a maple glaze and a pecan topping for extra goodness.