We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We call this Festival Tortellini because it is chock-full of all the ingredients we might find in a hearty sausage and peppers sandwich at a local festival! The tortellini adds an extra-hearty twist to the mix and makes for a comforting all-in-one main dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (9-ounce) packages Italian sausage-filled tortellini (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9" x 13" baking dish, combine all the ingredients except the cheese; mix well.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir, cover, and bake for 20 more minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle with the cheese, and bake, uncovered, for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Fresh tortellini can usually be found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store, near the dairy foods, and any flavor tortellini will work fine.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!