Four Cheese Smoked Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1-1/2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
You'll be blown away by the smoky, cheesy flavors in this Four Cheese Smoked Mac 'n' Cheese. If you've never made macaroni and cheese in a smoker, you're in for a real treat! The smoker adds a hearty, summer flavor to this mac and cheese recipe to make it a whole new flavor experience. But, if you don't have a smoker, that's okay too! We found a way to get the same great flavor, right in your own oven! Serve up this creamy smoked mac and cheese for dinner tonight, or bring a piping hot pan along to your next backyard barbecue or potluck -- it'll be the star of the show!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) block Gouda cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 (4-ounce) wedge Parmesan cheese, shredded
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter; whisk flour into butter and cook over medium heat 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese, salt, and pepper until mixture is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. (See tip on smoking.) Coat a disposable 9-1/2- x 11- x 2-inch aluminum roasting pan with cooking spray. (We like using an aluminum pan here in case you want to put this in your outdoor smoker, otherwise a 9- x13-inch baking dish will be fine.)
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar, 2 cups Gouda cheese, the Parmesan cheese, pasta, and sauce. Spoon mixture into roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake (or smoke) 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 15 to 20 more minutes or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Although the cheese will give this a natural smoky flavor, you can make this extra yummy by placing this in your smoker and smoking it for 45 minutes to an hour at 225 degrees, until brown, bubbly, and delicious.
- If you just can't get enough macaroni and cheese recipes in your life, then be sure to check out our collection of The Best Macaroni and Cheese Recipes. We bet you'll find a new way to enjoy all that ooey-gooey, cheesiness!
- Don't forget to download our FREE eCookbook, The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 742
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 45g 69 %
- Saturated Fat 27g 137 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 32g 64 %
- Cholesterol 141mg 47 %
- Sodium 1,174mg 49 %
- Total Carbohydrates 52g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 8.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!