We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't you just love deli meats like salami, ham, and roast beef? As sandwich-makers, they're great. But for a change, we can use them in our lasagna for a one-of-a-kind main course dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 pound salami, diced (see Note)
- 1/2 pound deli ham, diced (see Note)
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese.
- In another medium bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and water. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Stir diced meats into remaining spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles over sauce in baking dish then top with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Spoon 1/3 of the sauce mixture over the top then sprinkle with 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times, starting with noodles, and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1-1/2 hours. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Any of your favorite deli meats can be diced and used instead of the salami and ham. Just remember, if you use salty meats, the lasagna will be salty, too.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"